|Funding from FORTIS BC and BC HYDRO is available to private landowners within the Thompson-Nicola Region, for chemical treatments on Right-of-Ways.
These funds are intended for use by landowners who own acreage properties with Right-of-Ways passing through a portion of these properties. It is expected that the landowners will also be treating areas outside of the Right-of-Ways at the same time.
In order to be eligible to receive compensation for these funds, landowners must have an invasive plant management program in place.
To qualify for funding:
- Sumbit your name, property location and decription, and type of Right-of-Way to the SIWMC Coordinator. Include a description of your current invasive plant management program.
- Plan a time when the SIWMC Coordinator can visit the site. This can be organized once you have submitted your information, as described in step 1.
- Once you have been approved for funding by the SIWMC, hire a certified pesticide applicator of your choice. A list of applicators and contact information is available on our Resources and Links page. The cost must be within industry standards.
- Within 30 days completion of the work, send a copy of the invoice for treatments completed within the Right-of-Ways, the applicator's day sheet, treatment area maps, applicator certificate number and expriy date, The applicator can assist you with this.
- The SIWMC will release the funds for the costs described in th the invoice to the applicator.